The Community for Annotation in Education
Hypothesis stewards the AnnotatED community of educators, researchers, and technologists from organizations that engage deeply with collaborative annotation as a transformative practice in teaching and learning.
We invite you to get involved any time in our “AnnotatED” events, and when your institution is ready to engage formally with annotation practices and technologies, join us officially as a participant in the coalition by starting an annotation pilot or some other formal collaboration.
- Engage directly with the Hypothesis education and technical teams to test new capabilities and help shape the roadmap.
- Collaborate with peers to share annotation practices and research.
- Participate in research studies on annotation in education.
- Attend the I Annotate conference for free, which includes presentations, hands-on workshops, unconferencing, and a do-a-thon/hack day.
- Join and share at AnnotatED virtual and live events, coinciding with major edtech and digital pedagogy conferences throughout the year.
Stay informed via email: Subscribe to get annotation news delivered to your inbox.
Contact us: email email@example.com with your questions and suggestions.
Subscribe to get notified when AnnotatED event details and registration are available.
- 19–22 Nov 2019: AnnotatED online sessions in the OLC Live virtual conference during OLC Accelerate 2019 in Orlando, Florida, USA
- 29 Oct 2019: OERizona, Hypothesis and AnnotatED join other open education community members for a free, day-long workshop before OpenEd 2019 in Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- 14–17 Oct 2019: AnnotatED Summit at the University of Illinois at Chicago Center for Literacy during EDUCAUSE 2019 in Chicago, Illinois, USA
- 22 Aug 2019: Amanda Licastro from Stevenson University, Remi Kalir from the University of Colorado Denver, and Hypothesis Director of Education Jeremy Dean discuss collaborative web annotation in education on Bryan Alexander’s Future Trends Forum. Recording to come.
- 14 Aug 2019: Webinar: Collaborative Web Annotation with Hypothesis in Canvas
- 22–23 May 2019: I Annotate 2019 in Washington DC, USA
- 9 May 2019: Webinar: Research on Annotation in English and Composition
- 2–5 Apr 2019: AnnotatED Summit at OLC Innovate 2019 in Denver, Colorado, USA
- 30 Oct–2 Nov 2018: AnnotatED Summit at EDUCAUSE 2018 in Denver, Colorado, USA