We’ve documented our hiring process for engineering candidates so that you know what to expect during the interview process. You can view our current job openings here.
- We will evaluate all applicants fairly and equitably
- We aim to go from initial application to offer letter within 3-4 weeks
- We value your time — if there is not a fit we will let you know as soon as possible and hope you will do the same, even if it cuts the interview process short.
What We Ask of Candidates
- Please prepare for the interviews ahead of time (see Preparation section below)
- Please let us know if you already have another offer or need to accelerate the process as soon as possible.
- Please make sure you have a working microphone and webcam as well as a stable internet connection — we use video conferencing technology for our interviews.
Initial Phone Screen (30 mins)
Please provide us with:
- A current resume
- A code sample (a Github or other link is fine)
Please be prepared to:
- Speak about your work experience with concrete project examples (see sample questions here)
- Talk about your experience working remotely
- Give us your salary expectation
Technical Exercise (2 to 4 hours)
Our technical exercises are designed to evaluate your thought process to problem-solving. There isn’t a 100% right answer to our exercises. What we’re looking for is a demonstration of basic development skills, but more importantly, documentation, design thinking, and critical thinking skills. Our exercises are untimed (except for the Data Engineering exercise), and you have as much time as you need to complete the exercise. Once completed, our developers will evaluate your exercise, and decide on next steps. We aim to return a response to your exercise within one week.
Technical and Team Interview (1 hour 30 minutes)
Our developers will ask you questions about your exercise submission. Please be prepared to discuss your exercise and answer any questions about the decisions you made in your exercise. We’ll also ask you general technical questions designed to ascertain your basic technical understanding.
Next, we’ll ask questions about your past professional experience as a developer. Please be prepared to describe exactly what your responsibilities were and the challenges you faced. We’ll also ask questions about your approach to conflict resolution, teamwork, and communication.
We will evaluate the following in the course of the interview:
- Problem-solving ability
- Technical capabilities
Finally, you will have an opportunity to ask the team questions about the company and the role.
Final Interview (1 hour)
The final interview is with our CEO, Dan Whaley. This is your opportunity to ask questions about the future of the company.
We will get back to you within several days of your final interview with our decision. If applicable, an offer will be extended conditional on background and reference checks, with the terms of employment.