- Customer Success Specialist (Remote)
- Senior Backend Developer (Remote)
- Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)
- Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
About the team
The idea of a shared conversation layer over the world’s knowledge is part of the original idea behind the Web. In the last few years, through a combination of standards, open software and early implementations, this old idea has moved from audacious vision to reality.
We believe the impact of this pervasive conversation layer can be as profound as the Web was itself: more rapid access to knowledge as it evolves, more fluid collaboration between individuals, a freeing of information from proprietary systems and formats, and more transparent deliberation around issues of profound social importance.
Hypothesis is seeking pragmatic dreamers who care about community, access, and usability to help a well-funded, mission-driven initiative deliver on the long held dream of an annotated web.
The company is based in San Francisco but we also work from Austin, Chicago, Edinburgh, London, New York, Portland Oregon, and the woods of Vermont. Remote applicants are encouraged to apply: we are building a culture of remote collaboration.
What we offer
- Work with a team of quirky, passionate builders creating next generation tools for media and digital literacy while promoting openness on the Web.
- Contribute to a highly visible open-source project.
- Competitive compensation and benefits.