Location: Remote, US candidates only in Eastern, Central, Mountain, or Pacific time zones
Hypothesis is seeking an experienced Contracts Administrator to immediately join our growing team to meet the demands of a rapidly accelerating execution of business contracts and orders for our education customers. This work is currently being handled by our Director of Business Operations, but we need to bring on someone who can take ownership of these activities, while also helping to refine our contracts business processes to maximize efficiencies, enabling the company to scale to meet an increased demand for remote learning tools. To be successful in this position, the individual must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset and a team-player attitude who has a proven track record of attaining business goals and objectives, while also sharing in our larger vision of a world where annotation is as common as comments, but more useful and engaging.
About the product
Hypothesis is a digital annotation tool that improves teaching and learning by impacting the quantity and quality of student reading, facilitating instructor to student and peer to peer collaboration, and providing instructors and administrators with previously unavailable actionable insights to support student success.
About the team
Hypothesis is a small mission driven startup with financial backing from leading investors who share our vision. We are ramping up to respond to high demand from stakeholders across the education marketplace. We work with educators, schools and publishers to bring new, innovative capabilities and workflows over digital content.
We are a diverse, supportive, highly collaborative, 100% remote team of technologists, educators, and business people working together to bring new capabilities to the web. We code in the open (our repos are public and liberally licensed) and help drive standards for annotation. Though we operate remotely, we are a close-knit team that communicates via Slack, video chat, GitHub, and Google Docs across 8 time zones.
About the role
In this role, you will take ownership of the contracts administration process. Your main duties will be to support the sales team in preparing, negotiating, reviewing, and executing various contracts for the company’s pilots, subscription services and business partnerships. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Work with the sales team to draft, review, and finalize customer contracts and supplemental materials as needed, including pilots and subscription deals with varying terms.
- Assist the sales team in structuring pricing and discount contract terms.
- Review customer redlines and work with the company’s legal counsel to resolve issues.
- Provide quality control and ensure the completeness and consistencies of all contracts and subsequent purchase orders.
- Assist in the semi-annual customer invoicing process.
- Update customer records in HubSpot (CRM) for completeness including close dates, status, contract terms, and relevant documents.
- Troubleshoot inquiries from customers and resolve discrepancies.
- Track and summarize exceptions to all contracts for management.
- Maintain weekly performance reports and graphs for management.
- Provide updates to finance for forecasting revenue, ARR, etc.
- Establish and implement business processes for contract renewals.
- Own the document management system, maintaining a well organized and complete set of all contracts as the corporate record. Maintain boilerplates and versioning control of all contracts.
- Make recommendations and Implement efficiencies in contracts management processes for scale.
- Work with a multi-functional team and communicate proactively to resolve issues.
This role reports to the Director, Business Operations.
You are someone who is well organized, and demonstrates a strong attention to detail along with the ability to discover potential risks for the company.
Skills and experience you possess
- Agility to thrive at an early-stage company
- Detail-oriented, and well organized.
- Demonstrated experience working in a 100% remote environment.
- Tech-savvy: comfortable using a variety of software tools in daily business activities including, but not limited to, Google and Microsoft apps, and DocuSign or other document management systems.
- Accustomed to using HubSpot or a comparable CRM to track and manage customer account activity.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with team members across functional areas of the business.
- Financial acumen.
You will be successful at Hypothesis if you
- Are tenacious, self-directed, and highly motivated
- Are committed to excellence and improvement
- Are easy to get along with
- Have previous remote work experience
- Have strong time management and communication skills
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Can communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues (especially important in a remote organization)
- Have an approach to your work that allows for growth and change
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us what about this role intrigues you and why you think you would be a great fit for Hypothesis.
Hypothesis is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.