The Hypothesis LMS app brings discussion directly to course content by enabling students and teachers to add comments and start conversations in the margins of their texts. Collaborative annotation engages students more deeply in course readings and gives teachers a view into how students are reading.
With the new Hypothesis LMS app it’s now easier than ever to get started using collaborative annotation in your classes. With the app installed in your LMS or course site:
- You can enable Hypothesis on select readings (public web pages and PDFs)
- Students don’t need to install anything
- Students don’t need to sign up for or log into separate accounts
- A private Hypothesis group is automatically generated for each course
- All students in the course annotate in the private group by default on all readings
Choose your LMS to install Hypothesis
The Hypothesis LMS app is free to install for testing and limited use (up to 50 students for one academic term). Contact us about our paid LMS Pilot Program that provides full support for schools looking to implement annotation. Schools that make continued use of the Hypothesis LMS app pay an annual fee.
If you don’t see your LMS above and it supports the IMS Global Learning Tools Interoperability standard, you can try out integration by choosing “Other” as your LMS.
For more technical information about installation and how the app works, see guidance and technical details.