It is necessary to complete these steps in order to enable the Canvas File Picker for the Hypothesis LMS app.
1. Navigate to Admin > Developer Keys and click on the +Developer Key button
Choose the API Key option after clicking “Developer Key”.
2. Fill out the Key Settings form
- Give the key a sensible name and provide your email address
- In the **Redirect URIs** field, add:
- Leave blank the following fields:
- **Redirect URI (Legacy)**
- **Vendor Code (LTI 2)**
- **Icon URL**
Make sure there are no extra spaces or characters copied and pasted here.
3. Click Save Key.
The ID (shown in the Details column) and Key (shown in a pop-up once you click the Show Key button) will correspond to the Canvas Developer ID and Canvas Developer Key fields in our form to generate credentials:
4. Turn the Key on.
Canvas does not turn on Developer credentials by default. Turn on your Developer Key before leaving this page.