The Hypothesis proxy, at https://via.hypothes.is, automatically adds Hypothesis annotations to web pages. This is useful if:
- You want to share an annotated page or hosted document with someone who does not have a Hypothesis account. (Note that users without Hypothesis accounts can read public annotations but cannot create or reply to annotations.)
- You want to annotate a page or document in a browser that does not or cannot use the extension or bookmarklet. (i.e., public computers, computers for which you do not have admin privileges)
- You want to invite people to annotate a page or hosted document with you. Whether they use the Chrome extension, bookmarklet, or are annotating from a public computer, they’ll be able to sign in and annotate.
To use the via proxy, you can:
- Add https://via.hypothes.is/ before any url— i.e. replacing the part in bold here: https://via.hypothes.is/https://web.hypothes.is/blog/archiving-pmc-comments/
- Go to https://via.hypothes.is/, paste the link to the page or document you’d like to annotate, and click “Go!”