When you create a Hypothesis-enabled reading in D2L, our grading feature will be available by default. Once students have annotated your reading, you can follow these steps to grade their annotations:
1. Launch the assignment
When you launch the assignment, you will see the grading toolbar at the top of the screen:
From here you can:
- Toggle between a student’s annotations and the whole class, to see each student’s work in context and by itself
- See how many annotations each student created (including replies)
- Enter a grade, which will be sent to the D2L Grades tool
2. Select a student to display only their annotations
When you use the arrows to cycle through the class list or select a student’s name from the dropdown, you will see only the annotations of the selected student:
In the picture below, the student “Michael DiRoberts_PreviewUser” is selected, and so only the annotations made by that student are displayed:
You can also click on the drop-down menu to see the list of students and select the one you want to grade.
3. Enter and submit grades
Enter any number (out of 10) and click on “Submit Grade”. Then select a new student to continue grading.
4. Access the D2L Grades tool
In your course nav bar, click Grades. You’ll see a column in the grade book corresponding to your Hypothesis-enabled reading. The grades you entered in Step 3 will be populated here: