Who is this guide for?
- This guide is for instructors who want to use Hypothesis in assignments and where your institution has not installed Hypothesis in your instance site-wide in Blackboard.
- If you are a Blackboard admin and want to install Hypothesis site-wide, please see our Blackboard Administrator’s Guide.
- Are you having trouble getting Hypothesis to work in your assignments? Please contact us and send us the information of your Blackboard admin or your IT department. We’ll work with them to get Hypothesis installed site-wide.
Before creating a course-level install, please check and make sure your LMS administrator hasn’t already installed Hypothesis site-wide.
1. Generate Hypothesis Credentials
These instructions assume that you have already spoken with a member of our Education Team and been provided with a link to the page where you can generate Hypothesis credentials.
If you have not yet received a link, please fill out this form and a someone from our Education Team will get in touch with you about the next steps.
In the form to generate credentials, fill out the following:
- LMS Domain:
- This is the basic web address instructors and students use to access your LMS (e.g., lms.yourschool.edu)
- Can be any valid email address that belongs to you
Note: Ignore the two Canvas-specific fields. Those are relevant only for use in Canvas LMS.
Click the Generate Credentials button.
You will be shown a screen that contains your new Hypothesis Consumer Key and Shared Secret.
Don’t close this tab/window! You will need to copy and paste these credentials later in the install process.