Who is this guide for?
- This guide is for instructors who want to use Hypothesis in assignments and where your institution has not installed Hypothesis in your instance site-wide in Blackboard.
- If you are a Blackboard admin and want to install Hypothesis site-wide, please see our Blackboard Administrator’s Guide.
- Are you having trouble getting Hypothesis to work in your assignments? Please contact us and send us the information of your Blackboard admin or your IT department. We’ll work with them to get Hypothesis installed site-wide.
Before creating a course-level install, please check and make sure your LMS administrator hasn’t already installed Hypothesis site-wide.
1. Fill out our form and generate credentials
Fill out our form to provide your contact information. We will send you an email that contains the information you need to create the Hypothesis credentials (key and secret) you will need during the installation process.
The LMS Domain is the basic web address you use to access your LMS (i.e., yourschool.instructure.com).
The Email field can be any valid email address that belongs to you.
After you fill out the form, click Generate Credentials. You will see a screen that looks like this:
IMPORTANT: Save this Key and Secret somewhere permanent, as the credentials are needed each time you create a Hypothesis-enabled assignment.
To eliminate the requirement for entering the credentials for each new assignment, have an administrator install the app site-wide for you.
2. Create Hypothesis-enabled readings
Proceed to our help article on creating Hypothesis-enabled readings. You will use the Key and Secret you saved during Step 6.