Who is this guide for?
- This guide is for people with administrator-level access to their institution’s Blackbaud instance.
- Are you having trouble getting Hypothesis installed in Blackbaud? Please contact us!
Before you install Hypothesis you may wish to review the LTI parameters we use. You can find them here.
1. Fill out our form and generate credentials
Fill out our form to provide your contact information. We will send you an email that contains the information you need to create the Hypothesis credentials (key and secret) you will need during the installation process.
The LMS Domain is the basic web address you use to access your LMS (i.e., yourschool.instructure.com).
The Email field can be any valid email address that belongs to you.
After you fill out the form, click Generate Credentials. You will see a screen that looks like this:
Don’t close this tab/window! You will need to copy and paste these credentials later in the install process.
2. Create a new LTI Tool
Go to System Tools > Integration Settings > LTI
3. Enter Tool Provider information
- In the Provider field, select Other
- In the Name field, type Hypothesis
- Set Send User Name to Always
- Set Send User Email to Never
- Set Send User Role to Always
- If you’d like instructors to be able to grade assignments, select the checkbox next to Return Grades
- Credential Type is Fixed
- The Launch URL is
- For the Consumer Key and Shared Secret fields, enter the credentials you generated in Part 1— Make sure to put each of these codes in the correct field, and that you don’t copy any extra spaces or characters!
Click Submit and you’ll be ready to use the Hypothesis app! Instructors will now be able to create Hypothesis-enabled readings in their course sites.